Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dr. Gerald Esi Odentz [1924-2010]

Thursday, the 29th of July my great uncle passed away. To the family he was Uncle Jerry. He was 86 when he passed. I went home that Friday and stayed until Monday spending time with family and friends. The funeral was on Sunday and was very nice. It was good to see family I hadn’t been around in a very long time. I stress that. I hadn’t been in my Aunt Jolly’s house for about 5 years. She lives in the same town as me. We used to go all the time for Passover dinners and get-togethers of that nature, but when my uncle developed Alzheimer’s he retired, it got hard for her to manage it, and we moved the holidays to my cousin’s house, and then I went to college so I was rarely home. It was sad to see him pass and we all will miss him greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment