Friday, August 20, 2010

Bottles and cans just clap your hands just clap your hands.

I haven’t been reading much as much this past week or two. My bad, I guess. Well I’m going home this weekend to drop off stuff from the summer I won’t need for my new apartment and also picking up stuff to bring up. Basic stuff. I’ve decided to try and be as minimal as I can be considering what I have and need. I’ll try not to collect so much crap I don’t need. We’ll see how that goes. Probably not well. It’s inevitable.

Also while I’m home I’ll be going to the doctor to get a a possible diagnosis on what’s been going on with my stomach lately. On and off for the past 5 or 6 months I’ve been getting stomach aches once every week or two. I had one yesterday that was pretty debilitating and I had to leave work early, spew my guts throughout the course of the day and night, and miss work today. That seems like a problem to me. I personally think it’s some sort of acid issue.

Last weekend I had my friends Nick and Tim visit me. We spent some quality time together eating, drinking, and going to the beach. Per usual we went to Pacific Rim on Friday night. We also ate at the local American Flatbread on Saturday, and even got a free flatbread. This happened because upon Tim’s last visit we had gone to AF and received a free flatbread token from our wonderful waitress because she had accidently dropped our leftovers. If you ever go, her name is Nikki and she’s awesome. Thereupon we got the meat special, which had organic Yak meatballs, the roasted tomato salsa and the punctuated equilibrium flatbreads. Nick got the Evolution Salad and Tim and I got the special salad of the night, which had three different types of tomatoes (red, green, and yellow), mozzarella, arugula and a great dressing. Never lets us down for a great meal.

As you probably know by now, I live in Burlington on Lake Champlain so we don’t get tides or real waves or anything at the beach but on Sunday, it was tremendously windy so the waves were about 3 or 4 feet above head level. It was absolutely perfect. The water was warm, the air a bit cooler, but the sun made it in the high 70’s. They were the perfect height for bodysurfing and diving. Fantastic day, and we had a great lunch at Vermont Sandwich Co. If you ever get a chance to go to VTC, get the Fire and Smoke, because it’s good. Damn good.

In the meantime I figure that I should post something at least a little interesting. So I present some of my stencil work. This is stuff I’ve done over the past few years. I make ‘em by hand, oftentimes they’re from pictures that I take myself. I like to do portraits a lot. It’s sort of a side project I like to go back to every now and again, but unfortunately I don’t usually have much time for it these days.

This one was for a friend's snowboard; he wanted a custom graphic

Katie
Nick
Circa 2008
This was for my old roommate Gavin's broomball team jersey.
Beth
Gail
Kappes -- My favourite one
Yours truly.

I have others, but I either haven't photographed them recently or they're my um... secret ones. Shh. Look! Yonder! A ferryboat! Cough. If and when I make any more, I'll have to post them for you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, it's fun to make an appearance in your blog! And what's the deal with spelling like the Brits?

    ReplyDelete